Cook and prepare a variety of food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stocks, breads and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils according to the Daily Prep List.
Primary accountability is to ensure the safety and quality of all food prepped for cooking: completes opening and closing assignments
- Hand-Eye Coordination: Cooking requires great knife skills, proximity to fire and many dangerous elements. A steady hand will help greatly.
- Understand Health Code compliance requirements
- Assist Chef/Cook as directed
- Complete daily assignments
- Use This Is It! BBQ and Seafood Standard Recipes when preparing all products. Do not rely on your memory or that of other employees. Prepare all items according to SOP
- Stamina: Kitchen hours can be long and grueling. Prep cooks need to be able to stand on your feet for long periods and lift heavy objects from storage.
- Teamwork: Very often, cooks are part of a large team, reporting to a head chef. They will need to be able to work as a team to create a great dining experience for customers.
- Communication Skills: Communication is crucial in a kitchen. Prep cooks will need to read orders, understand instruction and talk to their fellow cooks to make sure the food is delivered hot and delicious.
- Customer Service Skills: Customers may have special requests or complaints. If working in a place where they can see the kitchen, Prep cooks might need to interact with the customer. Service with a smile will be necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and supports the Head Cook/Store Manager and other cooks as needed or assigned.
Ability to prioritize duties and responsibilities; Understanding of area health code requirements; stamina; teamwork; communication; customer service
This position reports to the Store Manager/supervised by Team Leads
This job operates in a commercial restaurant environment. This role routinely uses chemical cleaning supplies and commercial equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employees are regularly required to stand for long periods of time as well as kneel, squat, lift, push, pull, bend, climb step ladders, walk, speak and hear. Position requires ambidextrous use of hands. Must be able to lift/move items up to 25lbs – 50lbs
Position is part time regular. During high activity season, there may be more hours available. Evenings and weekend work required as job duties demand.
No travel required.