Cook and prepare a variety of food products including meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, sauces, stocks, breads and other food products using a variety of equipment and utensils according to the Daily Assignment List. Serves as Team Lead for Backhouse staff.
Primary accountability is to ensure the safety and quality of all food prepared; ensures proper temperatures of foods in warmer and on front line according to health code standards. Ensure kitchen is ready for health inspections at all times.
- Refer to Daily Assignment Lists at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Abide by all existing and enhanced Enterprise Standard Operating Procedures
- Opens/Closes the kitchen properly and follows the Opening/Closing Checklist for kitchen stations, Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in BBQ Pit, ovens, chargrill, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Understands and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, walls, chargrill, pit, fryers, kettles, and tilt skillet.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Promptly reports equipment and food quality problems to the Kitchen Manager or Store Manager.
- Informs the Kitchen Manager/Store Manager immediately of product shortages
- Uses This Is It! BBQ and Seafood Standard Recipes when preparing all products. Do not rely on your memory or that of other employees.
- Stamina: Kitchen hours can be long and grueling. Cooks need to be able to stand on your feet for long periods and lift heavy objects from storage.
- Teamwork: Very often, cooks are part of a large team, reporting to a Store Manager. They will need to be able to work as a team to create a great dining experience for customers.
- Communication Skills: Communication is crucial in a kitchen. Cooks will need to read orders, understand instruction and talk to their fellow cooks to make sure the food is delivered hot and delicious.
- Customer Service Skills: Customers may have special requests or complaints. If working in a place where they can see the kitchen, Head cooks might need to interact with the customer. Service with a smile will be necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and supports the Store Manager and other cooks as needed or assigned.
Ability to prioritize duties and responsibilities; Understanding of area health code requirements; stamina; teamwork; communication; customer service
This position reports to the Store Manager/supervised by Team Leads
This job operates in a commercial restaurant environment. This role routinely uses chemical cleaning supplies and commercial equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employees are regularly required to stand for long periods of time as well as kneel, squat, lift, push, pull, bend, climb step ladders, walk, speak and hear. Position requires ambidextrous use of hands. Must be able to lift/move items up to 25lbs – 50lbs
POSITION TYPE/Expected Hours of Work:
Position is Full Time Regular. Position is required to work at minimum 35hrs/week each week to maintain full time status. Evening and weekend work is also required as job duties demand.
Some local inner/outer 285 perimeter travel is expected for this position. Personal vehicle is required. No overnight travel required.